Meet Lake Placid's Past & Future Olympians - Summer 2017
Meet past and future winter Olympians Thursday afternoons this summer at the Lake Placid Olympic Museum. The Meet an Olympian program is a unique opportunity for visitors to speak with several regional Olympians about their journey to the Games and learn more about what it takes to be an Olympic athlete.
July 6 - Tara Geraghty-Moats, women's ski jumper and 2018 Olympic hopeful
July 13 - Andrew Weibrecht, two-time Olympic alpine Super-G medalist
July 20 - Lowell Bailey & Tim Burke, three-time Olympic biathletes
July 27 - Andrew Weibrecht & Cecily Decker (alpine Olympic hopeful)
August 3 - Chris Mazdzer, two-time Olympic luge athlete
*All scheduled athletes are subject to change and additional past and future Olympians may join the program. For more information and for updated weekly scheduled appearances, please call the museum at 518-302-5326
Past events have included:
- Family Craft Programs – Annual Olympic Medal Ornament making during Lake Placid's Holiday Village Stroll in December and Make Your Own Olympic poster.
- Wine and Paint! was a fun evening of painting and drinks in the museum
- Trivia Night at the Museum: Test your brain power with your team for a fun evening answering Jeopardy style questions. All proceeds benefit the not-for-profit museum.
- Co-sponsored 1 Revolution, an award-winning documentary and lecture by Chris Waddell, seven-time Paralympian and the first paraplegic to summit Mt. Kilimangaro at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts on March 4, 2014
- Exhibit Openings throughout the year!
Banner photo: LPOM