EXHIBIT OPENING CELEBRATION - Name Game: A History of Whiteface Mountain.
To celebrate the exhibit a free, public reception will be held at the Lake Placid Olympic Museum on Friday, January 26, from 6-8 p.m. Special après ski cocktails and appetizers will be available and the first 50 visitors who attend receive a commemorative Whiteface trail map lens cloth.
Past events have included:
- Family Craft Programs – Annual Olympic Medal Ornament making during Lake Placid's Holiday Village Stroll in December and Make Your Own Olympic poster.
- Meet an Olympian - This program is a unique opportunity for visitors to speak with several regional Olympians about their journey to the Games and learn more about what it takes to be an Olympic athlete.
- Wine and Paint! was a fun evening of painting and drinks in the museum
- Trivia Night at the Museum: Test your brain power with your team for a fun evening answering Jeopardy style questions. All proceeds benefit the not-for-profit museum.
- Co-sponsored 1 Revolution, an award-winning documentary and lecture by Chris Waddell, seven-time Paralympian and the first paraplegic to summit Mt. Kilimangaro at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts on March 4, 2014
- Exhibit Openings throughout the year!
Banner photo: LPOM